The question has been asked, you have found the venue and chosen your dream dress, it is now time to fine tune the colour scheme and choose the perfect flowers to suit your day.
My Name is Denise and I am the owner of ‘Helensburgh Flowers’.
I have been working very closely with the Lodge on Loch Goil over the past 5 years and we pride ourselves on offering an incredible service just like the Lodge.
Here are my top 10 tips on wedding flowers –
1. We ask you to come and see us after you have chosen your wedding dress and bridesmaids colours as this is very important when deciding colours and styles of flowers.
2. When you make your appointment with your florist for your first consultation try and have a flower list of what you require, an image of your wedding dress and a colour palette and if possible have a look at magazines or Pinterest for inspiration – flowers can shape the whole look of your wedding!
3. Try and have a rough budget in mind before you see your florist, this means your florist can adapt to your financial capabilities and create a design that will be compatible to you and your style, it will also give them a better indication of how heavily flowered you want your day to be.
4. Do your homework on your florist, ask if they have ever worked at your venue and are they familiar with it, this is very important as your flowers on the day need to compliment the venue and the surroundings.
5.Ask to see images of their work.
6. Take as much advice as you can from your florist, they are here to help and guide you on seasonal availability of all flowers and what design of wedding bouquet will suit your dress and your height.
7. It is important to determine a theme as this is the backbone around which you build the overall look of your wedding, once that has been chosen, the florist can then get creative with proposals on designs.
8. It’s important to have a good relationship with your florist who has a strong understanding of what you like and what your taste is, if your florist doesn’t get a firm understanding they will not be able to achieve the final result you are after.
9. Ask your florist about the care of your flowers after delivery, ask if they are all delivered in water and how best to care for them after the ceremony so you can go on to enjoy them after your wedding day.
10. Speak to your photographer regarding taking photos of your flowers, we have seen flowers been taken and photographed in some very unusual places sometimes before the ceremony which can cause damage to petals and mark your wedding flowers, we are not saying not to do this but maybe ask them to wait until after the ceremony.
Your wedding flowers will be one of the most photographed details of your wedding (besides you, of course!) so it’s important to pick wedding bouquets that truly fit your wedding style.
Wedding flowers are the most spectacular of all. From romantic bouquets and elegant buttonholes to fabulous centrepieces that can be truly breathtaking.
Your wedding flowers are a luxurious and exciting part of your special day.
A flower cannot blossom without sunshine, and man cannot live without love.
All blog images © fotogenic